You can ask our HR-bot about Technology Centre, our interviewing process and more: @db_recruit_bot.
The role is within the Front Office Strats dev team that is responsible for building and maintaining the current Risk and P&L platform used globally by a number of business units (Rates, Credit, Emerging Markets, Wealth Management etc.) and is also working on the build of the new strategic platform that will replace it. The team is geographically split mainly across Moscow and London, with team management, project management, development, analysis and testing being undertaken in both locations.
Overall Purpose of the Role
The role is for as a lead software engineer to work closely with IT, Trading, Desk Strats and other business users on critical business objectives within the front office Risk and P&L production area.
The engineer will be responsible for understanding functional and business requirements and seeing them through to implementation and deployment to production, either by developing software themselves or working with the dedicated development team.
The engineer would be expected to communicate directly with analysts, different users and areas of the bank to fully understand requirements and then take ownership to ensure successful delivery of a solution.
- Designing and documenting solutions based on business and functional requirements
- Actively contributing to the definition of the future strategic technology solutions
- Creating prototypes (in Python, C++, Java or other programming languages) to validate requirements
- Developing solutions and delivering into production
- Code review with other team members
- Analyzing problems and requests for change
- Level 3 production support.
- Test automation
- Giving demonstrations and training on system usage to end-users
- The role will require extensive communication with many types of business, and technology users including front office traders, quantitative analysts and desk strats
- In addition to working on the existing Risk and P&L production system the role would also encompass building targeted tools across the new and legacy systems to support functional deliveries to Trading, e.g.:
- trade sourcing and manipulation,
- market data sourcing and manipulation,
- risk data access and presentation,
- reuse of existing grid calculation solutions to generate risk data
- Intraday and EOD risk generation
- Strong background in Java 8 server-side development, including multi-threaded applications
- Hands-n Java development experience during the last 5 years
- UNIX/Linux scripting.
- SQL (Oracle).
- Design Patterns
- Experience with leading teams of developers and QA
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- Experience with Python and C++ would be a big plus
- Full project experience lifecycle essential
- Exposure to Agile and Scrum
- Advanced level of English language
- Investment banking experience preferred, including
- Front-office / middle-office risk & P&L experience
- Good product knowledge - ideally Rates with Credit / Equities would be very beneficial
- Good trading P&L and risk knowledge would be very beneficial
- Self-starter who can work independently but also knows when and how to escalate
- Excellent team player
- Delivery focussed
- Good communicator
- Flexible and able to multi task
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management